CONSTRUCTION OF AN ECOLOGICAL, ENERGY-EFFICIENT HOUSE, OUDENAARDE
This project’s clients put sustainable living on top of their list of demands. The house is therefore designed as a sustainable, ecological, low-energy house. The most important energy-efficient measures we took were:
- extended insulation of the floor, wall and roof
- highly isolating, triple-glazed windows
- a solar heater for the production of warm water
ECOLOGICALLY RESPONSIBLE MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES
Another aspect of sustainable living is the use of materials. When building this energy-efficient home we used ecologically responsible materials and techniquesthat have no or very little impact on the quality of life of the user and on the environment. Therefore we chose:
- mainly materials labeled with an environmental class 1 to 3* which impact the environment the least
- absolutely no materials which have a higher formaldehyde emission, which is harmful, than wood
- wood with an FSC or PEFC label showing it comes from sustainable forests
- thermally modified planking which has been heated in an environmentally friendly way
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT LOW-ENERGY HOUSING?
Contact Architecten Demeestere + Garmyn & Partners without engagement for more information or an appointment.